Snort mailing list archives

Re: Allowing windows updates to pass through snort

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 13:10:42 -0500

On 2/18/2014 11:30 AM, Doug Olitsky wrote:
OK, I'm a beginner at this and after months of trying to read and teach
myself I cry uncle...

I have Snort running on a pfSense gateway I built a year ago. For the
life of me I cannot figure out how to prevent windows updates from being
blocked. My lame solution is to disable Snort for updates and then
restart when done.

1. simply disable the specific rule(s) that are causing snort to alert on that
traffic.

*OR*

set those hosts as allowed for those sigs by using the threshold.conf file.