Snort mailing list archives

Re: (no subject)

From: Mike Miller <mike () millertwinracing com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 08:48:24 -0700

I'll run snort twice. Once without the -D (daemon) flag, and one with it
when I'm sure Snort's running the way I want it.

Running without the -D will let you scroll back through the output and find
the 'XXXX rules out of YYYY total' line.

We also have a timed script that pings all ends of our network with a large
ICMP packet and a custom rule that says 'ICMP Healthyness Packet
Detected'....if you map them out over time, you can see times where the
network or the snort process was not happy.