Snort mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Snort 2.9.6.0 memory leak?

From: "Hui Cao (huica)" <huica () cisco com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 12:08:43 +0000

This depends on your snort configuration. You can get the upper bound by adding up all memcap values for (frag3,
stream5, all preprocessors etc).  In addition,  Max_tcp and Max_udp will also add up the memory on top of that.
Normally, snort might use up to 1 G memory to stabilize. However, I have seen it reaches 1.5 G when max_tcp or max_udp
is large. You can change those two values to get a smaller upper bound.

Best,
Hui.