Snort mailing list archives

Re: New to snort

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 06:26:26 -0600

On Thu, 2014-04-10 at 17:42 +0530, Pothineni sai bhushan wrote:
Thank you. I wanted the documentation to know the roles of each files
in processing a packet. Is there any other manual or site where that
info is available.

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 4:51 PM, James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
wrote:

        On Thu, 2014-04-10 at 15:28 +0530, Pothineni sai bhushan
        wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        >   I am new to snort. Is there any documentation for snort
        > source code?I would like to know where the snort actually
        > sends calls to drop packets and how snort interacts with
        > drivers.
        >
        >  Do DAQs act as abstract layer between network interface and
        > snort?

        I'm sure the source code itself is documented.  I believe DAQ
        is the abstraction layer...it used to be libpcap.

        James

I'm certain one of the snort developers would have this info...gents?

James