Snort mailing list archives

Re: Can you make snort work with mysql after first installing snort?

From: "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jesler () cisco com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 19:50:37 +0000

On Apr 24, 2014, at 3:01 PM, Steve Crow <scrow () amarilloheartgroup com<mailto:scrow () amarilloheartgroup com>> wrote:

Hi, I installed snort; now I would like to increase its usefulness by using some reporting tools. It seems mysql is
needed. Can snort be made to work with mysql via configuration, or does it have to be re-configured and go through make
and make install again?

Snort outputs to unified2.  Barnyard2 software is needed to process the unified2 files and insert them into mysql.

--
Joel Esler
Open Source Manager