Snort mailing list archives

Not able to block telnet command with snort

From: Mitesh Jadia <mitesh.jadia () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 18:18:43 +0530

Hello,

I have tried one rule like

drop tcp any any -> any 23 (msg:"telnet drop"; flow:established,to_server;
content:"abcd";nocase; nocase; sid:101010;)

when I wrote abcd and hit enter on telnet session snort could not drop it.
It seems like snort has reassembly problem with telnet. As per I have
debugged telnet preprocessor does not have paf flushing technique on
commands written from client. It just reassembles packet from client side
when random flush point generated at session init time.

Regards,
Mitesh Jadia