Snort mailing list archives

Pulled Pork Update Domains

From: Matt Brichetto <M_Brichetto () cuinterface com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 19:03:28 +0000

I just got through setting up Snort IDS. I am going to end up using Pulled Pork for automatic updates. My Snort IDS
system will be sitting behind a firewall that blacklists domains and IP addresses except for what I whitelist. My
question is what domains or IP addresses should I open up so that Pulled Pork can get the updates for the IDS. I
already know I will add snort.org to it, but I wasn't sure if the updates were downloaded from a specific domain
outside of that.

Thank you for your help,

Matt Brichetto
Network Administrator

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the
addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or
using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and
destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic
information about individuals and businesses subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not
directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for
which you are receiving the information.