Snort mailing list archives

Re: rules explanations

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 06:35:26 -0600

On Tue, 2014-09-09 at 11:57 +0000, Sharif Uddin wrote:
Hello

I am trying to understand these rules, is there a page where it
describes each and every rule?

If I google the rule I don’t get any explanation of the rule other
than suppress or disable them?

I have so far suppressed the following which has reduced the alerts a
lot.

#(http_inspect) SIMPLE REQUEST

suppress gen_id 119, sig_id 32, track by_src, ip $HOME_NET

Read the README.http_inspect in the snort source/doc directory.  Joel,
are these on github or the snort.org site anywhere?

James