Snort mailing list archives

Re: S5: Pruned session from cache that was using X bytes (stale/timeout).

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 16:13:04 -0400

On 10/13/2014 3:57 PM, ML mail wrote:
Hi,

I am running snort 2.9.6.2 on OpenBSD 5.5 and every few minutes I see the following message in my log files:

S5: Pruned session from cache that was using 2877930 bytes (stale/timeout).

I have already tuned the memcap setting of the global Stream5 preprocessor to its maximum (1 GB). What other setting
could help avoiding this issue?

why do you see this as an issue? the message is that the session was stale or
timed out... there is no issue there AFAICS...