Snort mailing list archives

Startup Script (init.d)

From: test engineer <test12524 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 09:16:49 -0400

Greetings, I'm evaluating Snort in a lab environment and need some
assistance creating an init.d startup script. I have attempted to use the
one provided by the Snort community but can't get it to work.

I have a Dell R720xd running CentOS 6.5 minimal install. Running 8 daemon
mode processes of Snort 2.9.6.2 using DAG 10Ge hardware interface with
2-tuple Hash Load Balancing config. So far the testing has gone very well.
Just need to setup an init.d to restart everything in case of power
failure. Any guidance is appreciated.