Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort inline afpaquet slow network

From: Charlie Heselton <charles.heselton () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 19:34:48 -0800

Apologize, for beginners, for bumping an old thread.  I'm experimenting
with inline snort and am seeing similar issues.  I'm unable to tell whether
it's hardware or something else.  I haven't tested the bridge yet, but that
is on the list of things to do.

Certain sites, especially those that load "stuff" (data, flash, etc.) in
the background seem to be most heavily affected.

Interestingly, the load on the interfaces/bridge (AFPacket "bridge") seems
to be relatively low.

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Ezequiel M. Cardinali <