Snort mailing list archives

Snort missing C99 patch

From: Terry John <Terry.John () completeautomotivesolutions co uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 16:16:46 +0000

I'm trying to update an existing 2.9.6.0 version of snort on Centos 6.5. I was disappointed to see that Snort no longer
provides RPM's for Centos 6 so I rpmbuilt my own from the src.rpm files.

That daq built ok but the snort still insisted on looking for the old libdnet v 1.11 so I decided to compile from
source using snort-2.9.7.0.tar.gz .

I did a yum update on the daq and that seems ok. But when I did a ./configure -enable-sourcefire as suggested in the
setup guide (https://www.snort.org/documents/4) I got the error:

checking for daq_dp_add_dc... yes
checking for struct _DAQ_DP_key_t.sa.src_ip4... no

   ERROR!  daq library missing C99 patch, upgrade to >=2.0.4, go get it from
   http://www.snort.org/.

From a clean install on a virtualbox using the same daq rpm snort compiles fine. Could t be a problem that the daq RPM
can't do a clean update on an existing system?

Thanks

Terry

The Manheim group of companies within the UK comprises: Manheim Europe Limited (registered number: 03183918), Manheim
Auctions Limited (registered number: 00448761), Manheim Retail Services Limited (registered number: 02838588),
Motors.co.uk Limited (registered number: 05975777), Real Time Communications Limited (registered number: 04277845) and
Complete Automotive Solutions Limited (registered number: 05302535). Each of these companies is registered in England
and Wales with the registered office address of Central House, Leeds Road, Rothwell, Leeds LS26 0JE. The Manheim group
of companies operates under various brand/trading names including Manheim Inspection Services, Manheim Auctions,
Manheim Direct, Manheim De-fleet and Manheim Aftersales Solutions.

V:0CF72C13B2AC