Snort mailing list archives

Re: Rules Inquiry

From: "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jesler () cisco com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 15:07:12 +0000

Yes.  Take a look at the criteria for what rules go into what policy (obviously updated for year)

http://blog.snort.org/2013/10/snort-vrt-default-ruleset-rebalancing.html

The Open Source ruleset is based off of “balanced”.

--
Joel Esler
Open Source Manager

On Feb 4, 2015, at 10:24 PM, Eugene Grama <eugene.grama () gmail com<mailto:eugene.grama () gmail com>> wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to test snort in my VM

I notice in the snort rule files (*.rules), some of the rules are commented ( # ) even when i update it with pulledpork.

As I understand, pulledpork will give you the latest rules against the latest threat.

Should I removed the comment sign to make the rules active?

--
Thank you and Best regards,

Eugene