Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Snort-users] Is ACID related to the snort's mysql support?‏

From: Shirkdog <shirkdog () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 10:55:12 -0500

Joel, take one drink:

"Joel tells someone that ACID is dead and they should use BASE"

http://blog.joelesler.net/p/snort-drinking-game.html

---
Michael Shirk

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 6:34 AM, Joel Esler (jesler) <jesler () cisco com> wrote:
BASE is acid's replacement. But it's pretty dated at this point. You should
check out Snorby.

--
Joel Esler
Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 6, 2015, at 3:38 AM, Archer Yang <evadyoungxr () gmail com> wrote:

Hello!

Recently I just knew that snort does not support mysql anymore from
"http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:K7068wW86vUJ:blog.snort.org/2012/07/database-output-is-dead-rip.html+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us";.
Otherwise, I should use Barnyard instead.

But I found I could not use ACID. It doesn't show anything.(My phpmyadmin
works well.) Snort and Snort-archive databases are empty. So, is ACID
related to the snort's mysql support very much?

And I found documents about ACID are too old, especially now that snort does
not support mysql since 2.9. If there are any recent years' related
articles, let me know please.

Thanks for your time!

Archer Yang

Dive into the World of Parallel Programming The Go Parallel Website,
sponsored
by Intel and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your hub for
all
things parallel software development, from weekly thought leadership blogs

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest Snort
news!