Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Install

From: "Al Lewis (allewi)" <allewi () cisco com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 16:04:56 +0000

Is doesn't look like you have netmap installed correctly/fully. The DAQ wont be able to build against netmap until that
is in place. Check dmesg for info regarding netmap to see if it attaches to your NIC's correctly "dmesg | grep netmap".

You should see something like:

root@beastie64:/home/alewis/Downloads/daq-2.0.4 # dmesg | grep netmap
netmap: loaded module
001.000007 [2705] netmap_attach             success for em0 tx 1/256 rx 1/256 queues/slots
001.000009 [2705] netmap_attach             success for em1 tx 1/256 rx 1/256 queues/slots
root@beastie64:/home/alewis/Downloads/daq-2.0.4 #

As for libdumbnet you are missing the development headers. I think you need to run "yum install libdumbnet-devel" or
"libdumbnet-dev" under CentOS to get those from the repos. See if you can find them with "yum list | grep dumbnet".

Try installing libdumbnet first then go back and try netmap again.

Albert Lewis
QA Software Engineer
SOURCEfire, Inc. now part of Cisco
9780 Patuxent Woods Drive