Snort mailing list archives

Re: Unable to make install Snort

From: "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jesler () cisco com>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 21:40:43 +0000

Need to download the daq installation package from Snort.org<http://snort.org>.

--
Joel Esler
Manager, Talos
Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 8, 2015, at 3:38 PM, Mariusz Pianka <mariusz.pianka () gmail com<mailto:mariusz.pianka () gmail com>> wrote:

Dear Users of Snort,
I would be very grateful if you could help me complete Snort installation on CentOS 6.7 - minimum.
After 2 hours of google exploration, I have arrived to the point which I can't jump over.

I started from clean install of CentOS 6.7 minimum.
I didn't have any libraries such as gcc and other pre-requisites so I've executed the following:

rpm -Uvh http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm

yum -y install libpcap libpcap-devel libnet libnet-devel pcre pcre-devel gcc gcc-c++ automake autoconf libtool make
libyaml libyaml-devel zlib zlib-devel file-devel

I've included text file with the list of packages I've got installed on my system.

DAQ 2.0.6 folder
/home/$user$/daq-2.0.6/
I do ./configure
Make
Make install

It seems to complete, no errors.
I attached the config.log as daq_config.log

Then, I go to snort

I do , ./configure :

checking for dlsym in -ldl... yes
./configure: line 15735: daq-modules-config: command not found
checking for daq_load_modules in -ldaq_static... no

   ERROR!  daq_static library not found, go get it from
   http://www.snort.org/.

Identical problem to: http://seclists.org/snort/2013/q1/200

I've attached snort_config.log for your review as well.

Ultimate goal is to start OpenAppID in IDS mode.

Can you please point me into the right direction ?

Thank You kindly

Mariusz

[Avast logo] <https://www.avast.com/antivirus>

<packages.txt>