Snort mailing list archives

Re: Always logging as binary!

From: "Jack Rief" <jrief () bigkahunatech com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 08:48:59 -0800

I saw that but that seems to affect only the alerts.   I'm getting alerts in
text form and having them sent to syslog.  That all works fine.

The problem is the regular logs.  The documentation says the default mode
for these logs is text, but I'm seeing them written in tcp_dump format no
matter what startup options I use.   Meaning if I omit the -b option I get
binary format, if I include the -b option I get binary format.

Jack Rief

Senior Programmer Analyst

Big Kahuna Technology