Snort mailing list archives

Re: Preprocessor Question.

From: "David A." <ti1ion2005 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 10:59:28 -0500

Thanks again.  I will take a look at what I can do with the default config
file.

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 10:55 AM, Al Lewis (allewi) <allewi () cisco com> wrote:

It does. But running snort in IDS mode with NO preprocessors doesn’t make
much sense. It will make an evasion pretty trivial and give you a gang of
false positives.

I would suggest you start with the default snort config running the latest
version of snort from the site. Then scale back/enable things you need from
that point.

Let us know how it goes!

Albert Lewis

QA Software Engineer