Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort GUI install (barnyard2 & pulled pork install guides for the needy)

From: Robin Kipp <mlists () robin-kipp net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 18:44:21 +0100

Hi there,
concerning Snorby, I was also considering this when installing Snort on my Linux system.
However, since I don’t really know much about Ruby, I didn’t at all feel like installing this on my server and setting
up that whole environment required for Snorby to run.
I would suggest you to look at BASE, http://sourceforge.net/projects/secureideas/
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/secureideas/>
It’s a bit outdated but still gets the job done!
You’re gonna need a web server (e.g. Apache or Nginx), PHP and a MySQL database in order to run BASE.
Unfortunately, I cannot tell you how to set this up on Windows as I don’t use that operating system. However, you will
probably find guides on setting that up online.
HTH!
Best regards,
Robin