Snort mailing list archives

Re: Include details of payload in log message?

From: Toby Riddell <toby.riddell () prevtec com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 13:07:18 -0400

That's a good point! But for the time being I'd rather detect than prevent,
prevention will come later.
On Jun 12, 2016 12:20 PM, <wkitty42 () windstream net> wrote:

On 06/12/2016 06:54 AM, Toby Riddell wrote:
Hi,

I want to detect activity by bittorrent clients on my home network. When
they
start they open a port from the Internet using UPnP IGD, a sample
payload is:

from one old BOfH, if you disable that security hole known as uPNP, they
can't
do that and you won't have to worry about your network security being
compromised by any uPNP program opening any ports it wants ;)

--

What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and
traffic

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest
Snort news!