Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort problems

From: "Al Lewis (allewi)" <allewi () cisco com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 13:17:41 +0000

Hello,

Can you clarity “we are using snort to transmit two types of packets”? (Do you mean you are running snort inline? If
so.. How are you running/starting snort? Are you using afpacket, pfring, netmap etc..)

Also “more than 70% of traffic being dropped between snort and internet” (Do you see snort dropping the traffic in the
exit stats? Are you sure the traffic in question is making it to snort?)

Thanks.

Albert Lewis
QA SNORT/Sourcefire
SOURCEfire, Inc. now part of Cisco
9780 Patuxent Woods Drive
Columbia, MD 21046
Phone: (office) 443.430.7112
Email: allewi () cisco com<mailto:allewi () cisco com>