Snort mailing list archives

Regarding Snort and HTTP2

From: James McLaughlin <jmclaughlin () maxeler com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 14:40:41 +0100

To follow on from the recent emails regarding Snort and HTTP/2, (and to go
a little off-topic):

Poul Henning-Kamp and various other people claim that HTTP/2 has layering
violations, but don't elaborate on what these are.

I thought this might be related to the SETTINGS_CURRENT_CWND setting, but
apparently this was ditched in 2013.

Can someone on this list advise me on where to find some information on
this? More importantly - and now I'm definitely back ON topic - does anyone
know if these layering violations can interfere in any way with Snort's TCP
session tracking?

Thanks,

James McLaughlin.