Snort mailing list archives

Re: PCRE Signature Problem

From: Andrey Silversburg <andrey.silversburg () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 07:37:05 +0700

Thank you for all the answers. I'll try it first.

On 8/8/2016 7:53 PM, Joel Esler (jesler) wrote:
If you are matching on that static string, why truncate it?

alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HOME_NET 80 (msg:”PROTOCOL-OTHER Web Attack"; flow:to_server,established;
content:"POST"; http_method; content:"/mouse/Usmix"; nocase; http_client_body; metadata:service http;)