Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort as HIDS

From: Luke Ager <luke.ager () me com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 22:41:53 +0100

Although I can see your angle, it really isn't a HIDS.
As Charles says, achieving integrity on top of the HIDS function would be difficult without some sort of agent
performing FIM on the log location. You're also going to be running multiple instances of SNORT which won't be very
easy to centrally manage from a HIDS perspective.

Also surprised to see a DOD contractor revealing security architecture so openly.

Sent from my iPhone