Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort++ weird alerts popping

From: Russ <rucombs () cisco com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 07:54:35 -0400

alert_full has not yet been updated for PDU alerts. In the meantime, alert_fast / cmg will give you similar info.

On 9/26/16 7:17 AM, João Soares wrote:

Hey, thanks for your reply.

The version I'm using is version 3.0.0-a4 (Build 197) from 2.9.7-262

I'm testing what you suggested, and I'm currently outputing the logs into both alert_full and csv. The following is an example of the same alert in both formats:

*alert_full:*

[**] [1:3827:14] "SERVER-WEBAPP PHP xmlrpc.php post attempt" [**]
09/26/16-12:15:09.913247

*alert_csv (IPs are hidden for privacy purposes):*

09/26/16-12:15:09.913247, 3027648, TCP, stream_tcp, 462, C2S, <IP>:52837, <IP>:80, 1:3827:14, allow

Using alert_csv, I'm getting the remaining info, source IP and port, destination IP and port, etc, but that is still not happening with alert_full.

Please note that I'm using the same example (xmlrpc.php post attempt), but this happens with other rules as well.