Snort mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 ASCII Logging Error in Windows

From: Glenn Geller <ggeller () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 19:10:56 -0700

Hi Randy,

Are you running Snort on Windows, or Linux?

If Windows, it could be that the colon is not an allowable character for a
windows folder.

Thus, you cannot create a folder called
"2001:0db8:0000:0042:0000:8a2e:0370:7334" for example, in Windows... since
the colon is present.

Just a quick thought, before you get too far down the rabbit hole.

Thanks,

Glenn

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 5:02 PM, Randy Chow <randychow2000 () hotmail com>