Snort mailing list archives

Re: Inline Installation Problem

From: Y M <snort () outlook com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 15:27:28 +0000

To keep it simple, if you are using the afpacket daq mode, then there is no need to create a bridge. Snort will
automatically bridge the interfaces as specified in your command line "-i eth0:eth1".

Check this document on Snort documentation for running inline Snort using the afpacket daq module and see if it helps:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/snort-org-site/production/document_files/files/000/000/013/original/Snort_IPS_using_DAQ_AFPacket.pdf<https://s3.amazonaws.com/snort-org-site/production/document_files/files/000/000/013/original/Snort_IPS_using_DAQ_AFPacket.pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAIXACIED2SPMSC7GA&Expires=1484929408&Signature=cLxylQYxY45yG6oAECbOBGKVq9A%3D>

You might also want to turn off NIC features on both interfaces (tso, gro, etc...)

YM