Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort-sigs mailing list and VoipTech HelpDesk auto replies

From: wkitty42 () windstream net
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 14:00:53 -0500

On 01/28/2017 10:05 AM, Y M wrote:
I am not sure if it's just me or everybody on the list but when I reply to
snort-sigs list to answer a question, I receive two auto-generated emails from
something called "VoipTech HelpDesk". Google translate says they are written in
Italian. It looks like someone has (mis)configured their HelpDesk system to auto
reply or something.

i've been getting something similar from some #@$^%&@$%$ located in
California... they've either attached to the mailing list or news group and are
feeding their shit systems with the traffic or they are adding each user in the
list or group... i've already talked with joel a couple of times about this but
until their account signup is found, they can't be forcibly disconnected... so
what i've been doing is reporting every single so-called helpdesk response as
spam to my ISP as well as filtering it as spam... the ones i see are from SACA
Technical Support which are also affiliated somehow with some "Office on the
Net" thing which is apparently some sort of virtual office complete with voip
phones and more... it is time to start bashing these id10ts with thermonuclear
LARTS, IMNSHO...

Emails are below.

Ciao Y M,

La Tua richiesta è stata creata correttamente.
Un nostro tecnico elaborerà il ticket appena possibile (di solito entro 24 ore,
salvo diverso profilo SLA).

Per vedere lo Status del TICKET o aggiungere COMMENTI, visita
http://helpdesk.voiptech.it/helpdesk/tickets/21115

Grazie per la tua collaborazione

Saluti,
VOIPTECH HELPDESK

and

Ciao Y M,

Un nuovo account VOIPTECH HELPDESK è stato creato per te.

CLICCA in basso per attivare il tuo nuovo ACCESSO al portale
http://helpdesk.voiptech.it/register/c3l5jIQYQ4jT5iDO3vP

Se la URL in alto non funziona, prova a fare COPIA e INCOLLA nel tuo BROSWER
INTERNET.
Se riscontri problemi di ATTIVAZIONE senti libero di contattarci al nostro
indirizzo e-mail helpdesk () voiptech it <mailto:helpdesk () voiptech it>

Cordialmente

VOIPTECH HELPDESK