Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Blog: EOL for Snort 2.9.7.6 is approaching!

From: Marcin Dulak <marcin.dulak () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 16:15:25 +0100

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 3:50 PM, Dmitry Melekhov <dm () belkam com> wrote:

Just installed 2.9.7.6 today- it in included in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS :-D

Any ideas where can I get newer versions packaged for Ubuntu?

you may try to reach to the maintainers of snort in debian/ubuntu (these
are the same people) listed at http://packages.ubuntu.com/yakkety/snort
but I'm not sure how long the acceptance process will take (and whether is
possible at all for an LTS),
The fastest way will be to take ubuntu sources, update to 2.9.9.0 and
maintain your own repository at https://build.opensuse.org/ - don't forget
to build for debian too.

Marcin

Thank you!