Snort mailing list archives

Re: BASE 1.4.5 Non-Operational on Fedora 25

From: Marcin Dulak <marcin.dulak () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 23:49:26 +0100

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 9:34 PM, m-one <m-one () cox net> wrote:

1.  Help.  I've installed Snort v2.9.9.0 on Fedora 25 along with
Pulledpork & BASE v1.4.5.  All is operational except when I access "htt
p://localhost/base/index.php" I get the actual contents of the file
"index.php". I was able to get php 5.6 from Remi repo, but I had
trouble finding PHP v5.6 compatible offerings of php-pear-Image-Canvas,
php-pear-Image-Color, & php-pear-Image-Graph.  I did find *.rpm files
for Fedora 23, but upon install the dependencies called for PHP 7.0 --
I did install, but got same result = actual contents of the file
"index.php".

2.  Help.  Is the situation hopeless?  Should I move onto Sguil or
something else?  Any Fedora users running BASE or Sguil?

there is probably no hope for the legacy tools apart from those included in
https://securityonion.net/
For a modern alternative see
https://blog.jasonish.org/2014/04/16/snort-logstash-elastic-search-and-kibana/

Marcin