Snort mailing list archives

Can't get Snort to run on Win2008

From: Matt H <vikingfan_913 () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 19:31:10 +0000 (UTC)

I'm having trouble getting Snort working on a Windows server.  I followed these steps (though on a 2008 server)
http://www.javaguicodexample.com/snortiisphpbaseperladodb6.html
but when I runsnort -i 1 -c C:\Snort\etc\snort.conf -b -N -K none -A nonethe output is:
Running in IDS mode

--==Initializing Snort ==--Initializing Output Plugins!Initializing Preprocessors!Initializing Plug-ins!            ...
cutting out a bunchHttpInspect Config:            ... cutting out details  Gzip Decompress Depth: 65535ERROR:
c:\snort\etc\snort.conf(333) => Invalid keyword '}' for server configuration.Fatal Error, Quitting..Could not set the
event message file.
Please let me know what other details I can provide to get effective help from any of you.  Thanks