Snort mailing list archives

Re: Offer sig for detect IISv6 WebDAV If header overflow

From: Tyler Montier <tmontier () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 16:39:28 -0400

rmkml,

Thanks for your submission. We will review the rule under our regular
testing process and get back to you when its finished.

Thanks,

Tyler Montier
Cisco Talos

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 3:39 PM, rmkml <rmkml () ligfy org> wrote:

Hello,

First, thx edwardz246003 for sharing exploit,

Please check sig for detecting IISv6 WebDAV If header overflow:

alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HOME_NET $HTTP_PORTS (msg:"WEB-MISC IIS v6
WebDAV ScStoragePathFromUrl overflow attempt"; flow:to_server,established;
content:"PROPFIND"; nocase; http_method; content:"|0a|If|3a|"; nocase;
http_raw_header; isdataat:1000,relative; content:!"|0A|"; http_raw_header;
within:1000; reference:cve,2017-7269; reference:url,github.com/
edwardz246003/IIS_exploit;
classtype:web-application-attack; sid:1; rev:1;)

Please check vars and send any comments.

Best Regards
@Rmkml

http://www.snort.org

Visit the Snort.org to subscribe to the official Snort ruleset, make sure
to stay up to date to catch the most <a href="
https://snort.org/downloads/#rule-downloads";>emerging threats</a>!