Snort mailing list archives

Speeding up Snort for Pcap file more than 800GB

From: "Asad, Hafiz ul" <Hafiz-ul.Asad () city ac uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 11:10:09 +0000

Snort Users,

I have been using Snort for Pcap Data which is quite huge; more than 800GB. I am using Ubuntu 14.04 VM having a RAM of
16GB and processing speed around 8G HZ. It takes for snort more than two days to complete the analysis. I wonder if
there is any optimization which would enable me to speed-up this.

PS: I have tried "Parallel" processing, but it hardly makes any difference.

Regards

Asad