Snort mailing list archives

Re: Local Rule Import Error - threshold (in rule) is deprecated; use detection_filter instead. in rule

From: Sergio Fenech <sergiofenech () live com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 07:24:27 +0000

Guys please can you get me out of this email chain??

On 09/05/2017, 00:26, "Joel Esler (jesler)" <jesler () cisco com> wrote:

    Well, first, this rule isn’t an official rule, this is an Emerging Threats rule.  We don’t use any threshold
keywords in the official ruleset (that comes on your firepower device).  We use detection_filter.

    I am not sure why ET hasn’t switched to detection_filter.  They certainly should.

    --
    Joel Esler | Talos: Manager | jesler () cisco com<mailto:jesler () cisco com>