Snort mailing list archives

Re: can't log to merged.log file in unified2 format in Version 2.9.9.0

From: Marcin Dulak <marcin.dulak () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 17:03:40 +0200

I'm the message forwarding back to the list.

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 4:55 PM, Berndt, Achim <aberndt () studio-hamburg de>
wrote:

Hello Marcin,

I have deleted all files in /var/log/snort, before I started snort again.

It seems, that snort doesn’t accept the option “output unified2: filename
merged.u2, limit 128, nostamp”.

Snort writes to 2 other filenames, “snort.log.timestamp” and “alert”, in
the pcap format.

Only if I activate the option “output log_unified2: filename snort.u2,
limit 128, nostamp”

Snort writes in unified2 format. But unfortunately not the combined
version.

Regards

Achim