Snort mailing list archives

Re: Pulledpork Modify Rules Automatically

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 19:54:01 -0600

On Wed, 2017-06-14 at 21:42 -0400, Jim Campbell wrote:
Since I last posted here I ended up formatting my hard drive,
installing
the latest Ubuntu and installing Snort in IPS mode. However, at the
end
of the tutorial on
http://sublimerobots.com/2016/02/snort-ips-inline-mode-on-ubuntu/ it
shows you how to modify the single local rule to drop rather than
alert.
There is mention of a future page that will tell how to have
Pulledpork
automatically modify all the rules to drop.

My setup is running in inline mode but so far hasn't reported any
packets being flagged. I could sure use some help.

Thanks,

Jim

Dropsid.conf is where you'll want to look:
https://github.com/shirkdog/pulledpork/blob/master/etc/dropsid.conf
James