Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort++ Build 239

From: Marcin Dulak via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2017 15:29:56 +0200

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 3:18 PM, Russ via Snort-users <
snort-users () lists snort org> wrote:

Not aware of any barnyard2 alternatives.  Maybe Joel has some suggestions.

Since I haven't heard anything from the barnyard2 groups, I've resurrected
the old unified2 logger as unified2x in the extras.  You will need to build
and install the extras and use --plugin-path to point to the installed
plugins and then add unified2x = { } (or however you configure it) to your
snort.lua.  The existing unified2 logger will only generate newer events so
you must use unified2x instead.  That should get you back to where you were.