Snort mailing list archives

Wrong Timestamps on Windows

From: Manojit Ghosh via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 15:00:17 +0530

Hi,

I am getting wrong timestamps (01/01) in the alert.ids file. The machine
seems to be having a BIOS issue, more specifically, a CMOS battery issue
but, before running snort the system time was updated from the internet.
I've tried stopping snort with ctrl c and then running it again. The issue
persists.

--
Manojit Ghosh
CEO, A Joshing Moth

*Disclaimer:*
This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended
solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original
message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail
or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This
e-mail may contain viruses. The sender has taken every reasonable
precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may
sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your
own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. The sender
reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent
to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail
address may be stored on the e-mail system.
*End of Disclaimer*