Snort mailing list archives

Re: Non-Determinism in Snort detection engine

From: "Asad, Hafiz ul" <Hafiz-ul.Asad () city ac uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 17:43:26 +0000

Thanks for your reply, but I am afraid I can't share the traffic due to confidentiality of the data I am experimenting
with. It's actually the university pcap data which we are using for our research.Anyhow , I am re-running the analysis
with the "-H" option and will report the results here. Meanwhile, I will be really thankful if you can suggest any
literature to understand the working of this preprocessor or any preprocessor for that matter. Question is, do we get
alert for a "packet" in a session, or number of "packets" in a same session. And if it is one alert per session, then
which packet? first one?

regards

Asad