Snort mailing list archives

Re: It is possible to execute NIPS and NIDS together?

From: Younes Abderrahmane via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 04:16:59 +0430

Thank you I really appreciate your help. **Cynthia Leonard **

so by configuring snort in NIPS mode and by putting rule action as  drop
allows me to store  alerts in the database (using for that the barnyard
plugin).

my purpose  is to block the attack attempts, and at the same time store the
info of the attacker in a database (ip address, attack time, attacked ...).

best regards sincerely.

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 11:08 AM, Cynthia Leonard (cyleonar) <