Snort mailing list archives

Re: Flowbit Warnings

From: Alex McDonnell <amcdonnell () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 08:52:40 -0400

The warning you have states file.cur is checked but not ever set. That
indicates to me that your issue is with rules that have flowbits:isset and
not rules that have flowbits:set.

sid:23499 is the only rule in the Talos rule set that checks for that
flowbit. it's in file-other.rules. The three setters for that are 23496
23497 and 23498 in file-fidentify.rules. All of those are old enough that
they are in the subscriber rule set which is free to everyone.

Hope that helps.

Alex

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 12:44 PM, Gerry Carpinetti via Snort-sigs <