Snort mailing list archives

Re: 1:11672, 3:11672 BROWSER-OTHER Mozilla Network Security Services SSLv2 stack overflow attempt

From: Y M via Snort-sigs <snort-sigs () lists snort org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 13:11:19 +0000

Re-looking at the rule, it seems that it is triggering when external IP addresses destined to the protected network
($HOME_NET) on port 443 when the flowbit sslv2.client_master_key.request is not set, while setting at the same time.
Since the rule is compiled, it is difficult to determine the content matches. The traffic generating this could be
anything from a scanner, scripts, automated tools, outdated client requests, etc. Determining the ultimate risk of this
rule will be almost impossible to anyone except yourself.

Hope this helps.
YM