Snort mailing list archives

Re: receiving only ICMP packets and no alert are generated in snort 3

From: "Masud Hasan \(mashasan\) via Snort-users" <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 16:13:39 +0000

Hi Banerjee,

Thanks for reporting those issues. We expect to release new ODP in January, which should have this issue fixed.

Thanks,
Masud

On Dec 14, 2018, at 12:43 AM, Divyanshu Banerjee via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org> wrote:

I am receiving only ICMP packets,
I have used port mirroring (SPAN) to transfer the packets to my snort machine

this is the command using in snort 3
( sudo snort -c /usr/local/etc/snort/snort.lua -R /usr/local/etc/snort/rules/local.rules -R
/usr/local/etc/snort/rules/snort3-community.rules -i eth0 -A alert_csv -s 65535 -k none -l /var/log/snort
)

i have been receiving this message
lua detector odp_client_QUIC.lua: error validating /usr/local/lib/odp/libs/DetectorCommon.lua:190: attempt to index
global 'gDetector' (a nil value)

      snort-users-leave () lists snort org

        snort-users-leave () lists snort org