Snort mailing list archives

How to enable multi-threading with Snort 3.0 Beta?

From: "Li, Charlie" <Charlie.Li () amd com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 16:32:09 +0000

Hi All,

I just moved from Snort 2.9.x to 3.0 Beta to take advantage of multi-threading.

By default, Snort 3.0 Beta uses a single thread, that snort.-z = 1.

I have tried to set -z to 4, but it still uses only one core. Here is the command I used

/usr/local/snort/bin/snort --warn-all --plugin-path /usr/local/snort/lib --daq dump --daq-var load-mode=read-file
--daq-var output=none -H -Q -A csv -c snort.lua -r /media/ramdisk/get250.pcap -z 4 --lua 'search_engine.search_method =
'\''hyperscan'\'''

Appreciate if someone can show me how to enable multi-threading.

Regards,
Charlie Li

        snort-users-leave () lists snort org