Snort mailing list archives

Re: Incorrect md5 for latest rules

From: "Joel Esler \(jesler\) via Snort-sigs" <snort-sigs () lists snort org>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 15:27:30 +0000

Emil (and others who wrote me privately),

This has been resolved.  Thanks!

--
Joel Esler
Manager, Communities Division

From: Snort-sigs <snort-sigs-bounces () lists snort org> on behalf of "Pettersson, Emil" <emil.pettersson () sovos com>
Date: Friday, February 22, 2019 at 4:56 AM
To: "snort-sigs () lists snort org" <snort-sigs () lists snort org>
Subject: [Snort-sigs] Incorrect md5 for latest rules

Hi all,

Regarding most recent update (2018-02-21), contents of md5 for the latest snort rules update at snort dot org for us is
just:
["File not found by name 'snortrules-snapshot-29111.tar.gz'"]

We’re able to download the actual rules without issues however since md5 checksum is bad deployment to firewalls fails.

Is anyone else having this issue with latest md5?
- This message and any attachments thereto contain information that may be privileged, confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure and is the property of Sovos Compliance, LLC. It is intended only for the person to whom it
is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,
distribute, or use this message, any attachments thereto or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error,
please delete all copies of this message and attachments. Sovos Compliance, LLC. has implemented anti-virus software on
its computers and servers, however, it is the recipient's own responsibility to ensure that all attachments are scanned
for viruses prior to usage.