Snort mailing list archives

Re: unsubsribe me

From: Kelly Alger <kama410 () twc com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 11:38:05 -0400

Is it the case that none of these people crying about not being able to unsubscribe from this list is capable of creating a simple mail filter to automatically delete messages from this list? If that is so it should probably come as no surprise that they cannot figure out how to unsubscribe.

This reminds me of my time working for [redacted] as a phone support technician on their line of remarkably expensive computers. I desperately wanted to tell some of the callers, "Can I get you license number? Oh... You don't have a license? OK, well... I'll tell you what. I'm not going to report this because I'm sure it's just an honest mistake, but... I want you to take your machine back to the place you bought it and return it. Just tell them you're not happy with it. Whatever you do don't say anything about a license for owning a computer. Not a word. Just take it back and everything will be fine."

Because some people shouldn't be allowed to own a computer...

Maybe unsubscribing is broken for some people. Probably because of their own mail system. But if mine were broken in that way I'd just filter the mails straight to the trash and never think about it again. Maybe they're worried about the cost of the electricity for receiving the unwanted mail?