Snort mailing list archives

help! help!:how to use reload_policy and reload_module in snort shell ? I have tried failed.

From: sofardware via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 19:13:37 +0800 (CST)

      Hi all,

               snort --daq nfq --daq-var queue=1 -c snort.lua   --shell
               I have tried reload_config(), reload_policy() and relaod_modue().
               input reload_config('snort.lua') , it works well.  snort can alert new after reload new snort.lua.
               problem1:But, went input  reload_policy('ips.lua') , it can not works well. snort still alert with old
rule in snort.lua .  though, it display reloading policy and reload complete.
                the ips.lua filled with the follw:
               requre("snort_config")
               ips={ rules=[[[alert icmp (msg:"test reload policy";sid:1001)]]
               problem2:
                input reload_module('ips'), and the snort exirt with segment erro
               problem3:
               modified the binder in snort.lua and :
               input reload_module('binder'),  it display reloading moudle and reload complete. But it cant work well
,the new binder did not work.

        snort-users-leave () lists snort org