Snort mailing list archives

Snort queries

From: Justin Xavier <Justin.Xavier () Cybertech Com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 12:12:57 +0000

Hi All,

We are using Netgate Pfsense firewall in our premises with Snort service installed. We had some queries regarding the
service and need your assistance in understanding SNORT.

1.      We observed SNORT logs and found many log entries for snort events. Is it that SNORT is blocking/dropping all
these packets?

2.      When does SNORT decide to block traffic from a particular IP? This is regarding the Blocked hosts.

3.      How can we determine the blocked hosts from snort logs, as we couldn’t find a specific log entry that stated
the ip was blocked and added to Blocked hosts.

Regards,
Justin X.
        snort-users-leave () lists snort org