Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort as dynamic library

From: Michael Prujan via Snort-users <snort-users () lists snort org>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 08:34:45 +0300

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 11:03 PM Michael Prujan <michael.prujan () gmail com>
wrote:

Hi Russ,
I want to use snort for production(*2.9.14.*.) and not version 3.0(beta).
I have the application that reading the traffic , based on dpdk.
the application is multithreaded.
Every thread is running on different core.
every thread completes the same job:reading packet, parsing and call
utilities for packet inspection.
Now i want to add utility based on snort.
In that case snort utility can use other functionality of thread.
So i need to compile my executable with snort as a library(shared or
static).
And use snort api for packet processing.
As i understood from your previous email, it's impossible to compile snort
as a library.
Do you have any plan for the future ?
Thanks,
michael.

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 6:18 PM Russ Combs (rucombs) <rucombs () cisco com>