Snort mailing list archives

Re: FAILED UPDATE

From: "Joel Esler \(jesler\) via Snort-sigs" <snort-sigs () lists snort org>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 14:37:35 +0000

On May 26, 2020, at 8:36 AM, wkitty42--- via Snort-sigs <snort-sigs () lists snort org> wrote:

On 5/26/20 5:28 AM, KAMULI PATRICK via Snort-sigs wrote:
Hello
My snort subscriber rule set has failed to update for over 3 months
image.png
Please advise

how are you trying to update?
what does the log for that updater show?
if it is because your snort is too old/EoL, you have to update your snort to a supported version…

Waldo is right.  We don’t have enough information for us to figure out what the issue is.  Can you look in your logs?

--
Joel Esler
Manager, Communities Division